México-TAB-Villa Hermosa - SR GENERAL ACCOUNTANT - VILLAHERMOSA
SR. GENERAL ACCOUNTANT - VHSA
The Sr. General Accountant is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely generation of the financial statements and management reports. This position serves as a planner, leader, communicator, internal consultant, and business partner to senior management, working under defined deadlines and performing a diverse set of accounting activities including journal entry preparation, month-end close, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, tax reporting, payroll review, and treasury management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare accurate, complete, and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP that are compliant with internal policies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries to accurately reflect relevant activity.
- Prepare work-papers supporting the monthly close process, month-end balances, annual tax return, and annual financial statement audits.
- Review the application of the bi-weekly payroll, T&E reimbursements, and bonus payments.
- General supervision to the financial modules such as; accounts payables, accounts receivables, treasury, general accounting, inventory modules (FG & Fixed Assets).
- General Supervision to the IC transactions and monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with tax reporting requirements, including preparation, filing, and reporting of corporate income tax, franchise tax, sales and use tax, employment taxes, and other reports required by government regulation.
- Perform technical research, as needed, regarding the handling of accounting and reporting transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Facilitate development of adequate internal controls, policies, and procedures ensure company assets are protected and GAAP compliance is maintained.
- Participate with the Controller, senior management, and the accounting team on special projects (e.g., M&A activities), workflow process improvements, and special reporting requests.
- University degree as a CPA
- Three to five years relevant experience minimum on similar position.
- Valid driver’s license and a history of safe driving.
- Ability to be away from home for multiple days/nights.
- Some international travel and/or weekend work will be required.
- Fluent in English
- Salary negotiable depending on experience or qualifications.
|Sueldo: $19,000 to $22,000 mensual|
Puesto: Tiempo Completo, Permanente